Monika Swanson, PT, DPT
Monika became a physical therapist because she is passionate about assisting people overcome injuries, preventing future injuries, and allowing patients to achieve their functional goals. Her goal is to continually challenge her patients through individualized, evidence based treatment plans allowing them to return back to sport, recreational and functional activities. Monika enjoys the combination of orthopedic and pediatric physical therapy. As a former collegiate athlete and lifelong sports enthusiast, she has a particular interest in sports performance and rehabilitation. In addition, Monika loves working with children and the challenge of turning therapy into play. Her clinical experiences range from working with children as young as 2 weeks old to geriatrics. Monika is proud to call Flagstaff home and enjoys being able to experience all of the wonderful outdoor activities that Northern Arizona offers. In addition to participating in running events and triathlons, Monika also enjoys traveling and skiing, but above all, spending time with her husband and family.
- Bachelor of Science, Pre-Professional Health-Microbiology: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Minor in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Pediatrics Section Member
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Orthopaedic Section Member
- Certified in the Gratson Technique - Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The Gratson Technique enables clinicians to effectively address scar tissue and fascial restrictions and maintain optimal range of motion in their patients through comprehensive training and education.