Carriee Thompsen, PT, DPT
Carriee's clinical practice includes management of patients with specific heart and lung issues that have impacted their lifestyles. With the addition of the Cardiac Conditioning and Wellness Center, DeRosa Physical Therapy is able to appropriately manage this vastly underserved population in a state of the art facility with careful attention each patient’s individual needs. She has also completed extensive study for the spine, extremities, and pediatrics.
I love working with patients, seeing them progress, reaching beyond where they are, educating, returning to a higher level of function, to find a deeper love/passion for life...It also just happens to be my job!
She has a deep interest in sports performance/rehabilitation and promotion lifelong health and well-being. Carriee and her husband Kirk enjoy training for triathlons in our beautiful mountain town and are often running with their dog Mila and friends on the trails.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy: Northern Arizona University
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science: Northern Arizona University
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Cardiopulmonary Section Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Certified in the Gratson Technique - Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The Gratson Technique enables clinicians to effectively address scar tissue and fascial restrictions and maintain optimal range of motion in their patients through comprehensive training and education.
- Credentialed Clinical Instructor by the American Physical Therapy Association
"My son was diagnosed with cerebral palsy a year and a half ago. He immediately began physical therapy at DeRosa Physical Therapy and has made incredible progress. His physical therapist is wonderful with him. His appointments are fun and challenging at the same. My son is able to do things now I was afraid he’d never be able to do. I couldn't be more pleased with the care he has been given here at DeRosa. It is a blessing to our family and a great resource to our community."
"I have visited several physical therapy facilities here in Flagstaff due to injuries and Carriee is professional and extremely knowledgeable about her abilities as a physical therapist. I enjoy my visits, they are fun, and I get a great workout! Carriee has a genuine concern for her patients and has a great personality. Carriee makes this facility one of the best in town!"
"This is my second episode of care with Carriee and I could not recommend her and this facility any higher."
"For lack of words, Carriee is the best PT I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She pushes just the right amount to put me back in good health. I always brag about her.
"Carriee is so dedicated to her patients, I can't help to have benefited.