Brian Schmitz, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Brian is a board-certified specialist in Orthopaedics and specializes in the treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries including post-surgical rehabilitation, spinal dysfunction, and sports specific injuries. His philosophy towards physical therapy and rehabilitation is to be as effective and efficient as possible in the rehabilitation process while promoting an optimal individual level of physical health and performance.
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioned ability of an individual to elevate his or her life by conscious endeavor. Optimal physical health and performance is within your reach and I am here to guide you in that process. I believe the rehabilitation process should include both the treatment of your musculoskeletal condition(s) and a strategy for maintaining long term health and fitness.
Brian is currently working towards Fellowship status with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT). He is very interested in manual therapy, sports performance, and the nutrition sciences. He is an active member of Summit Health and Fitness and hopes to incorporate both physical therapy and physical activity into one comprehensive program. Brian is most proud of being named the Outstanding Clinical Scholar of his physical therapy class at Northern Arizona University. Brian loves Flagstaff and enjoys Harley Davidson motorcycles, sports, outdoor activities, Olympic weightlifting, and his dog, Bailey.
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Minor in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Minor in Exercise and Nutrition Science, Applied Chemistry and Nutrition Sciences: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Fellowhip in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy, Rueckert – Hartman College of Health Professions, Anticipated 2013: Regis University, Denver, Colorado
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Sports Section American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- USA Weightlifting (USA - W)
"Rehab of my rotator cuff repair was much easier than anticipated and I give all the credit to DeRosa Physical Therapy and my Physical Therapist, Brian Schmitz. His knowledge of the injury, emphasis on quality of motions and impact of the motion on the entire body were just what I needed. DeRosa Physical Therapy provides the infrastructure and atmosphere for successful care and recovery."
"I feel stronger and better than ever following my rehabilitation. Brian wasn’t just focused on my knee, but my overall health and wellness."
"I am back to baseball without any problems and I have incorporated a lot of what I learned into my personal exercise program and the programs I develop for my young athletes."